Vaccinate Your Pet
For a Long & Healthy Life
Dogs and cats need vaccinations to help them stay healthy and avoid potentially life-threatening illness from canine distemper virus, parvovirus, hepatitis virus, and parainfluenza virus for dogs, and feline respiratory viruses for cats. The following is a list of common vaccinations we recommend at Bellerose Animal Hospital.
- Rabies—Required by state law, this vaccination is given first at 16 weeks of age. Dogs are revaccinated at 1 year from the initial vaccination, and then every 3 years.
- DHPP—This is the first vaccine given to puppies, with boosters every 3–4 weeks until 16 weeks of age. For large breed dogs, your veterinarian may recommend an additional dose of vaccine.
- Leptospirosis—This common vaccination is usually first given after 8 weeks, with a booster given 3–4 weeks after the first injection.
- Lyme—While all clients will be educated on the risks of Lyme disease, those dogs considered “high risk” will be recommended for vaccination.
- Bordatella—All puppies will receive a vaccine after 8 weeks of age, followed by a booster 4 weeks later, and then annual boosters. “High risk” dogs should be vaccinated every 6 months.
- Influenza—This is an emerging disease that can be devastating. Puppies should receive their first vaccination after 8 weeks of age with a booster 2–3 weeks later. This vaccination is then given annually.
- Rabies—Required by state law, cats receive this vaccine at 16 weeks. Revaccination is yearly.
- FVRCP—All cats receive their first vaccination at or after 8 weeks of age, with boosters every 3–4 weeks until 16 weeks of age. A booster is given 1 year after the last kitten vaccine, and then every 3 years.
- FeLV—All clients will be educated about this vaccination for feline leukemia. Your veterinarian will discuss the risk factors for your particular pet and make recommendations based on your pet’s health history.
Each client receives a unique vaccination plan for his or her pet at the first wellness exam. We will be sure to discuss with you all vaccinations that we recommend and make sure that we work together as a team to give your new pet a great start to a long and happy life.
“I love this place. Both of my dogs go here. The staff is always very nice! The doctors are amazing and take the time to explain everything to you about your pet.
“The staff at Bellerose has treated our family’s pets continuously since 1963. I cannot say enough about the excellent care that our pets have received from their professional, caring staff. They have treated 2 dogs and 7 cats during the last 49 years for everything.
“COMPASSIONATE STAFF.I was fairly charged for all the loving care. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
“friendly atmosphere, easy to get to location and a great staff—been going here for years and highly recommend it! The best decision I ever made! Unquestionably one of the best veterinary practices in the world!All of the vets here are fantastic.
“Loretta was a very special dog who had a good life with us and we had a good life too. My husband and I believe that your hospital and caring staff made her quality of life exceptional. Thank you all.
“ I would also like to take this opportunity to tell all of you how grateful I am for your many years of dedicated medical care to my beloved Spunky. It’s been 16 years, 5 months, and 7 days of wonderful service and loving concern and I will always love you for it!
Very Sincerely Spunky’s Mom
“We need you to know we will always be grateful you helped give our Fredo and us so many happy years together.
Many, many thanks,
Carol and Maria
“I wanted to thank you for everything that you did for my “baby”. You are such a great vet and I will be forever grateful for everything you do for me and MJ.
“We loved Missie very much as she loved us for ten years. She was a member of our family. We needed the little time left to us to talk to her, pet her, comfort her and express our love for her.
“We would like to take the opportunity to say how we are pleased at the service Sammy receives at your facility. Especially for Dr Mariliz Hernandez, she is a great asset to your hospital. We appreciate the care and understanding Dr Hernandez shows Sammy at the time of his exam.
Sal and Gloria Carbone
“Because of people like you...thank you for all you do.
Without the entire Staff, I would not have had Barney for as long as I did. You gave him all of your experience and love, everytime he needed you all.
I cannot express my thank you’s enough
“We continue to offer our patients all of the advantages and resources of a large teaching hospital with the individualized care and compassion of a progressive family practice.