Meet the Caring Veterinarians & Staff
at Bellerose Animal Hospital
- Mariliz Hernandez, DVM
- Dr. Mariliz Hernandez is the Owner of Bellerose Animal Hospital, she has been a senior Veterinarian here for the past 9 years and purchased the Hospital in January of 2014. Dr. Hernandez is committed to maintaining the high level of medical care Bellerose is known for, as well as well as making some exciting improvements to the facility.
Dr. Hernandez has set very high standards for herself and expects the same from her entire team. She has surrounded herself with the best clinicians, technicians and support staff to ensure that every patient receives the very best medical care and attention.
Born and raised in Puerto Rico, Dr. Mariliz Hernandez attended the University of Puerto Rico, Arecibo, where she earned her bachelor’s degree in microbiology. As a student, she earned a deep-sea diving certificate, which allowed her to pursue research on the diseases of the coral reef. Dr. Hernandez received her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from the College of Veterinary Medicine at Tuskegee University in 2002. After graduation, she worked in private practice in Queens, New York, before joining the Bellerose Animal Hospital veterinary team in November 2006. With professional interests in surgery, internal medicine, and dermatology of dogs and cats, Dr. Hernandez enjoys practicing general veterinary medicine and surgery. Fluent in Spanish, she loves interacting with people and helping her clients and their pets. This personal commitment, evidenced in her interest and caring, brings warmth and compassion to her medicine, which her clients love.
Dr. Hernandez is married to Dr. Rick Guzman, Owner of Assisi Veterinary Hospital, located in nearby Malverne, NY, on Long Island. Together they have 2 beautiful children. The family likes to spend their time with their pets. They include Jet, a Great Dane; Tito, a Chihuahua, Bruno, a Bulldog mix, Harley and Scratch, two male cats, all of whom are rescue animals.
Fascinated by the beauty of the sea, Dr. Hernandez’s undergraduate interest in saltwater fish continues in her home, where she maintains a 200-gallon coral reef tank. She also enjoys traveling to the Caribbean for vacations, sightseeing, and visiting her family.
- Tania Dejoie, DVM
- Dr. Tania Dejoie, was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY and first expressed her love for animals volunteering at the ASPCA. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science from Cornell University in 2007, then continued on to complete her Veterinary Medicine degree in 2012.
Following graduation, she was accepted into a year long small animal rotating internship at Veterinary Emergency and Referral Group in Brooklyn. She rotated through internal medicine, surgery, oncology, emergency, cardiology, ophthalmology and neurology services. The internship allowed her to develop her professional interests in internal, preventative and emergency medicine.
Tania is happy to be back home in New York City. In her free time, she enjoys going to the beach, knitting, singing, playing guitar and spending time with her dog, Old Man Copper, and her fiancé.
- Barry Eisenkraft, DVM
- Dr. Barry Eisenkraft graduated from Ohio State University College of Veterinary medicine, then worked in Manhattan under the guidance of a veterinary surgeon for three years, Dr. Eisenkraft served on the New York Veterinary Board of Ethics for three years, for two years he was the veterinarian on the floor at the Westminster Dog Show. Every year he attends the Western Veterinary Conference to remain up-to-date on the latest advancements in veterinary medicine and procedures.
He practiced veterinary medicine at his own practice, the Estates Animal Hospital for 33 years, before joining us here at Bellerose Animal Hospital.
Dr. Eisenkraft relies on the diagnostic abilities honed during his 37 years of experience, using laboratory tests and medical procedures to confirm and aid his diagnosis. A people as well as animal person, he will discuss all findings and thoroughly explain the options and right course of treatment for your pet. You can expect to understand your pet's condition and what to anticipate with treatment. Dr. Eisenkraft welcomes and encourages your questions.
As a realistic veterinarian, Dr. Eisenkraft respects the quality of life for both your pet and yourself; when possible, providing different workable options for you.
Dr. Eisenkraft sees appointments on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays where he enjoys seeing 'old' clients from his previous practice and forming new relationships with Bellerose clients and their pets.
You can depend on Dr. Eisenkraft to do his utmost to make your experience with your pet here at the Bellerose Animal Hospital as comprehensive, informative and enjoyable as possible.
- Jannel Irons, DVM
- Dr. Jannel irons joined the Bellerose family in June 2015. She graduated Summa Cum Laude with her Bachelor of Science degree in General Agriculture from the University of Maryland Eastern Shore as well as receiving multiple honors including initiation into the Delta Tau Alpha Honor Society.
She went onto to receive her DVM at Tuskegee University's School of Veterinary Medicine, where she graduated Cum Laude. At her time at Tuskegee, Dr. Irons was a part of the veterinary organization Omega Tau Sigma. She has experience in performing surgeries ranging from spays to lung lobectomies. Along with general practice, Dr. Irons has experience in ground breaking research, internal medicine, and emergency medicine.
Dr. Irons enjoys reading, playing soccer, field hockey, relaxing with her cat Bella and expresses an interest in fashion.
- Justin M. Goggin, DVM, DACVR, Veterinary Radiologist
- Justin M. Goggin, DVM, DACVR, has been board-certified in veterinary radiology since 1998. He received undergraduate and veterinary degrees with distinction from Cornell University. He completed an internship in small animal medicine and surgery and a radiology residency at Kansas State University, with additional residency training at UC Davis and Colorado State University. His practice in northern New Jersey provides radiology consultation and diagnostic ultrasound imaging services for general practitioners and specialty referral practices.
His special interests include diagnostic radiology, ultrasound, CT, MR neuro and musculoskeletal imaging, and radioiodine therapy program for hyperthyroid cats. Dr. Goggin has authored multiple peer-reviewed veterinary journal articles, contributed to several textbook chapters, and provides continuing education training and lectures to veterinarians on topics in radiology. He evaluates and provides interpretations of diagnostic images transmitted electronically to him from patients imaged at our practice. Dr. Goggin enjoys biking, canoeing, and hiking.
- Dr. Eric DeRose, Veterinary Cardiologist
- Dr. Eric DeRose received his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from Kansas State University School of Veterinary Medicine. He completed an internship with Veterinary Specialist of South Florida in Cooper City, Florida, and then went on to his residency in veterinary cardiology at Red Bank Veterinary Hospital in Tinton Falls, New Jersey. Dr. DeRose is especially interested in treatment and management of congestive heart failure due to chronic valve disease or endocardiosis. This remains the most common form of acquired heart disease in dogs, and he strives to improve the quality of life for animals affected by this disease.
- Philip Pacchiana, DVM, MS, DACVS, Veterinary Surgeon
- Originally from Connecticut, I attended veterinary school at the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine in St. Paul, MN.
Upon graduation, I completed a one-year general internship in medicine and surgery at the Oradell Animal Hospital in Oradell, NJ and a one-year surgical internship at the Dallas Veterinary Surgical Center in Dallas, TX.
I returned to the University of Minnesota for a three-year residency in small animal surgery, during which time I also completed a Masters of Science degree in veterinary surgery, anesthesia, and radiology.
American College of Veterinary Surgeons
American College of Veterinary Surgeons
I sat and passed the certifying examination of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2003 and have maintained board-certification since that time. Upon completing my residency, I practiced at several 24-hour specialty referral hospitals in and around New York City. I was Chief of Surgery for 8 years at Manhattan Veterinary Group &Â Fifth Avenue Veterinary Specialists and also held several other leadership positions, including that of Medical Director of the hospital.
In addition, I enjoy public speaking and have spoken on many occasions at national and local meetings. I also enjoy research and have nearly 20 publications to my credit.
I have performed thousands of orthopedic, soft tissue, and neurosurgical procedures, and have experience in treating almost all surgical conditions in dogs and cats.
- Hospital Manager
- Kyle Olsen
Kyle Olsen is the manager of Bellerose Animal Hospital. Kyle has more than 20 years of experience in customer service and general management. As the manager of Bellerose Animal Hospital, he is responsible for ensuring the success and growth of the practice while maintaining the highest quality of medical care and customer service standards for our patients and clients.
Kyle has standardized our policies and operating procedures, which has elevated the level of service we are able to provide our clients. He oversees our daily operations and has helped to create a progressive and positive environment for patients, clients, and our employees. Kyle developed our advanced training and cross-training programs and helped create job descriptions and work positions that are unique to Bellerose Animal Hospital, all of which has streamlined our daily operations and greatly improved our efficiency. He is extremely customer focused and works tirelessly to ensure you and your pet have a rewarding experience at Bellerose Animal Hospital.
When Kyle is not at the hospital, he enjoys the outdoors, especially the beach and spending time with family and friends. His constant companions are two Brussels Griffons and a very demanding French bulldog named Gigi.
- Veterinary Technicians
- Our veterinary technicians are chosen through a rigorous selection process and become part of our team based on their attention to detail, intuitive awareness of veterinary medicine, and their desire to continue learning throughout their career. They provide 24-hour veterinary medical care on procedure days. Our technicians are anxious to work with you to better understand your pet’s medical needs. They are always available to answer questions, provide education, and make your experience at Bellerose Animal Hospital superior.
Anita Feniello, LVT Supervisor
Michelle Duffy, LVT
Ninette Roberts, LVT
Kaitlyn Tullio, LVT
Alejandra Gallardo, LVT
Athena Ojeda, LVT
- Veterinary Assistants
Jacqueline Negron, Aide Supervisor
Fritz Cyriaque, Radiology Aide Supervisor
- Office Staff
- Jessica Scala
“I love this place. Both of my dogs go here. The staff is always very nice! The doctors are amazing and take the time to explain everything to you about your pet.
“The staff at Bellerose has treated our family’s pets continuously since 1963. I cannot say enough about the excellent care that our pets have received from their professional, caring staff. They have treated 2 dogs and 7 cats during the last 49 years for everything.
“COMPASSIONATE STAFF.I was fairly charged for all the loving care. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
“friendly atmosphere, easy to get to location and a great staff—been going here for years and highly recommend it! The best decision I ever made! Unquestionably one of the best veterinary practices in the world!All of the vets here are fantastic.
“Loretta was a very special dog who had a good life with us and we had a good life too. My husband and I believe that your hospital and caring staff made her quality of life exceptional. Thank you all.
“ I would also like to take this opportunity to tell all of you how grateful I am for your many years of dedicated medical care to my beloved Spunky. It’s been 16 years, 5 months, and 7 days of wonderful service and loving concern and I will always love you for it!
Very Sincerely Spunky’s Mom
“We need you to know we will always be grateful you helped give our Fredo and us so many happy years together.
Many, many thanks,
Carol and Maria
“I wanted to thank you for everything that you did for my “baby”. You are such a great vet and I will be forever grateful for everything you do for me and MJ.
“We loved Missie very much as she loved us for ten years. She was a member of our family. We needed the little time left to us to talk to her, pet her, comfort her and express our love for her.
“We would like to take the opportunity to say how we are pleased at the service Sammy receives at your facility. Especially for Dr Mariliz Hernandez, she is a great asset to your hospital. We appreciate the care and understanding Dr Hernandez shows Sammy at the time of his exam.
Sal and Gloria Carbone
“Because of people like you...thank you for all you do.
Without the entire Staff, I would not have had Barney for as long as I did. You gave him all of your experience and love, everytime he needed you all.
I cannot express my thank you’s enough
“We continue to offer our patients all of the advantages and resources of a large teaching hospital with the individualized care and compassion of a progressive family practice.